Dear A,
I'm writing specifically to you today.
You are an amazing little girl and I absolutely adore being your mommy. God has blessed me beyond measure in allowing me to be a part of raising you. Your sweet smile, your little laugh and your blooming personality make everyday so enjoyable.
I wanted to write to you about your brother today. He will be coming out of mommy's tummy really soon and your little world will change drastically.
I want you to remember that we still love you just as much as we did before his birth and we simply cannot love you less.
I want you to remember that you are his older sister and while he is little you are his protector. You already do a fabulous job of this.
I want you to remember how much you love him when he is screaming, or needs to eat. You will probably have several points throughout your growing years and especially in the next few weeks where he isn't always your favorite person.
Right now you give him kisses and hugs and say how much you love him. You look forward to hearing his heartbeat.
You have a special privilege being the big sister. I would know, I am one too. While Uncle Paul and I did our fair share of fighting growing up my relationship with my brother is one of my favorite and most cherished relationships. You have a playmate, best friend, and protector in a little brother.
Remember you love him when...
he pulls your hair for the first time...
when he hits you...
when he takes a toy away...
when he chases you through the house threatening to kill you and you actually think he might... ;)
when he excels in an area you don't...
when he respects you above all else...
when he hits that awkward stage where he takes your advice over mine (even though the advice is the exact same)...
when he takes you on a coffee date...
when he wants to punch someone in the face for doing you wrong...
when he crashes his bike and you crash yours trying to help him...
when you get to have spontaneous talks about the bigger things in life...
when his imaginary weapons are always bigger than yours...
when he totals your first car on his first day of driving...
when he talks about his faith...
when you see him live out his faith...
Remember...remember that you love him.
Sometimes it will be easy and your heart will swell with pride. Sometimes it will not be easy. Sometimes you might think he was sent by aliens to destroy you. :) That isn't true. You will learn, grow, play and ultimately, hopefully respect and admire each other. I pray for this everyday.
E is your brother. He couldn't ask for a sweeter more loving sister than you.
I love you.
Mommy
No comments:
Post a Comment