Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Echo...echo...echo

Lame title I know, but I couldn't resist.

Found this super neat little website today...

http://www.echoprayer.com/front/welcome.php

they will send you email reminders and text messages so that you remember to pray! You can also journal about answered prayers. How awesome is that?!? I love it. I am horrible at remembering to pray at certain times and this totally helps!

This evening I set a reminder for a prayer to come to my phone at 10pm. At 10pm they sent a random prayer from my prayer list to my phone...and I therefore stopped for a moment and prayed (for my parents house to sell quickly!).
SO TOTALLY AWESOME.
You can set reminders for specific prayers or let them come randomly. They can come to your email address or in a text to your phone. I am super excited to expand my prayer life using modern technology.
Thanks goes to Cornerstone Community church for posting this website on their website! I was listening to Francis Chan sermons and ran across this! I would love to hear if any of you try it out!

(Little plug for Francis Chan...although I'm sure he doesn't want the glory...if you want some motivating sermons...look him up on the Cornerstone Community Church website or on youtube. He has some good things to say...from a really good book, the Bible.)

Lastly...only four months after Adley was born I am finally working on getting her professional newborn pictures up on the wall. Thanks to a tip from a fellow blogger (Hannah) I bought all of my frames used at GoodWill and I am spending WAY less to make everything myself. Way less as in I only spent $16 on everything to frame my pics! Getting it done otherwise would have cost over $50! (Only issue here is...I'm not that creative...so bear with my 'designs'.)
 Some lyrics from JJ Heller's song 'When I'm With You'. I sing this song to Adley! I'm not the best artist, but I figure she will just need to learn to appreciate the thought behind the horrible paint job! :)
'i could never count all the ways you change me baby everyday the sky is a deeper shade of blue....when i'm with you.'
 The collection of frames, paint, photos and brushes!
 One frame finished!
 Adley is not impressed.
Other words to JJ Heller's song...it is super cute! (The words to the song I mean...not my painting job.)
'when i see you and you're smilin', how my heart aches so full it is about to break, you make me believe in love...'

btw mother...those yukon gold new potatoes are amazing. thank you for buying them and leaving them at my house. you are welcome to do that anytime. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment