That sounds a bit ridiculous but really I do tend to have a lot of projects going at once. I start on one and move on to another before I finish the next.
With that said I am determined to get through my 'crafty' projects before I continue new ones.
Current projects...
1. Adley's newborn pics ready and up (these are finally done!)
2. My jean quilt (that I started in highschool). The fun of this one is that since I've waited to make it, it will work for our bed and I've incorporated some of Jason's old jeans too. (Pics to come on this one)
3. The ongoing scrapbook. I finally got enough free prints from Shutterfly (have I mentioned I love their service???) to get more pics for Adley's scrapbook and finish the pregnancy pages I started. This was a newfound hobby (around our engagement) and I love it. I love creating memories and then having a cute way to display them. I don't want to go crazy or spend tons of money so I do little scrapbooks.
Future Projects
1. Family portraits...I have one picture already developed and I a few I want to add...I'm working on slowly decorating my home the way I want it. I want to have a wall dedicated to family photos (just like old people...I love it).
2. Paintings...I'm horrible at this...so I may have to ask a friend to have pity on me...but I want to get some scripture and meaningful quotes up on my walls!
3. Don't worry I won't continue to bore you...but I do have more ideas.
Onward to Adley's finished picture project! Did I mention I only spent $16 on the frames, paint, and brushes!
(I know at least the grandma's will be interested)
*Note: Artist friends I recognize I am not talented in this area...just cheap...thank you*
The above is the collection that will be above Adley's little crib! I was going for the distressed/antiqued look.
The big one...The frame was 1.50 at Goodwill (thanks to Hannah for the tip!). (I painted it to have an old wood look.)
I framed Adley's birth announcement. This frame was .99 at Goodwill. I painted it to have a distressed/antique look.
I finished these three little guys.
So excited for my husband to hang them tomorrow!
Lastly...
Maybe I'm crazy...but if you read this...I have a question.
Have you ever felt like Satan was specifically tempting you in a specific area?
Let me clarify...
Have you ever felt like you have felt his presence during a hard time?
The reason I'm asking is that my husband looks at me like I'm crazy when I mention that I can tell Satan is trying to get to me. Sometimes I feel him or one of his demons bearing down on me, finding that one weakness and digging in.
Am I crazy?
I am so grateful to my parents for such a wonderful spiritual upbringing because even when Satan is trying his best to lead me astray I know that it is him and I know that letting him win is sin and not eternal life.
He may sway my heart for a minute, but the steady faith of a 20 something lifetime allows me to fall back on my first love, God.
Have a wonderful night!
No comments:
Post a Comment