Friday, August 12, 2011

First Cloth Diaper Momma and Diaper Circle Meeting

Hey Readers,

I'm blogging twice in my one week, WooHoo!

First off if you live in the OKC area the Real Diaper Circle is having their first meeting. I can't be there...but if you can go and tell me all about it!
Sunday, August 14th
3:30 - 4:30
Stages Health and Fitness
4910 North May, OKC
 
Tuesday, August 16th
7:00-8:00
Moore Public Library, Room B
225 South Howard Ave, Moore
(I also stuck the Moore/Norman one in there for my South of the Border friends!)
 
I have my first Momma up for 'interview'. I asked a bunch of Cloth Diapering Momma's I know to answer a few questions for me and my goal is to have their interviews go in between my posts so that you can see another Momma's perspective.
 
Name: Tiffany

Number of kids: 2

How many in diapers? 1

Why do you cloth diaper? Because it's adorable! But I like the green factor as well. I'd say I like the savings, but with the way I cloth diaper (slightly addicted...), I'm not actually saving anything, lol.

What is your favorite brand and why? For my son, it was Fuzzi Bunz. For my daughter, probably Flips with stay-dry inserts. We use a lot though, Fuzzi Bunz, Flips, and then lots of wahm-made types... Elbees, Dunk-n-Fluff, we use lots of wool, etc.

What is your LEAST favorite thing about cloth diapering? The bulk, it's hard to fit cloth under things like jeans.

What is your favorite go to item? Wool! The cuteness!!

Any advice for a soon to be momma? Don't stock up on one single thing. Most of the time you'd be okay, but just because you like something doesn't mean that it will work for your baby. I'd get a few of few things and then see what fits best on your baby, etc. And it's overwhelming at first (especially if you try things like Diaperswappers.com, etc.) but just keep going back. You'll learn a little more every day and there are plenty of people to talk you through what things mean! 
 
Thank you Tiffany!
Since my main goal for cloth diapering was the cost. I LOVED Tiffany's point about swapping. Swapping or buying cloth used is a cheaper way to try out different brands.
Until Next Time... 

No comments:

Post a Comment