Okay, after two crazy weeks I'm back.
Our family got to see my sister-in-law off on a year long mission trip. And our dear sweet baby started really walking on her own (see video on Jason's facebook!).
Here is our next guest blogger Mama whose little guy has been walking for months now and he is just a few weeks older than Adley.
Name: Amy
Number of kids: 1 boy
How many in diapers? 1
Why do you cloth diaper? Mostly to save money, partly for environmental reasons
What is your favorite brand and why? I've only used Green Mountain Diaper prefolds with three different types of covers: Thirsties Duo Wraps, Bummis Super Whisper Wrap, and Kissaluvs Marvels. When it was time to change sizes, I went with all Thirsties because they seemed to fit and work the best.
What is your LEAST favorite thing about cloth diapering? Since starting solids, I've gone with flushable liners, but I've forgotten to use a liner during some changes. This means having to dunk and swish in the toilet (I don't want to buy a sprayer), and that's just not a pleasant experience.
What is your favorite go-to item:
I keep a small stash of Earth's Best disposables for emergencies, like if all the diaper covers are in the laundry, or in case there's a natural disaster.
Any advice for a soon to be momma?
Cloth diapering is a long-term money saver (especially since you can keep them for future kids) with a relatively big up-front investment. If you aren't sure what kind you want, there are many cloth diaper trial programs out there that allow you to try a little of every type before you buy.
Also, Charlie's Soap is the best laundry detergent I've ever used! Rockin Green is also pretty good and quite versatile.
Thanks Amy! Amy and I both love the Thirsties wraps with pre-folds, they work great. Next blog this week with include laundering your diapers (so you will hear more about Charlie's Soap and Rockin Green (which has awesome scents!).
No comments:
Post a Comment