Recently God has placed a desire on my heart to serve my husband better. It is a slow process, but slowly I am submitting not only my will, but my heart to the head that God has placed over me. I realize it belongs first and foremost to God. On Tuesday Jason and I were dealing with a crabby/fussy baby. I normally would have been short with Jason, but I took the opportunity to pray through our challenging event and I felt so refreshed and I maintained a positive attitude throughout the day. I know that the goal of being a better servant is not to feel better, but it shows that my heart is in the right place.
Jason was reading in Psalms last night and I just love this scripture...
Psalms 35:1-3 Contend, LORD, with those who contend with me;
fight against those who fight against me.
2 Take up shield and armor;
arise and come to my aid.
3 Brandish spear and javelin[a]
against those who pursue me.
Say to me,
“I am your salvation.” (emphasis added)
I just love that David asks God to to remind David and God is his salvation. Beautiful. I feel like I need to constantly remind myself of this.
Adley and I just got back from Michigan on Tuesday. Jason was such a sweet husband and surprised me with a trip to see my Grandma for our one year anniversary. My Grandma had open heart surgery the same day that Adley was born and she is still at home recovering. It was a delight to spend time with her and introduce her to Adley. She lives in a cute tourist town just two hours north of Chicago. Here are some pictures of our trip!
Have a blessed day!
No comments:
Post a Comment