Today my sweet baby girl scratched her little face till she bled.
(You can't see it, but under her left eye she has a horrible little scratch.)
As a mother, seeing my daughter draw her first blood many emotions stirred within me.
I don't want to see her have little hurts.
The hurts though, that worry me the worst are the spiritual wounds. If every bone in Adley's body is broken or she ends up with a horrible disease, that will be sad. But if she leaves this would not a Christian that would be the true tragedy. Her spiritual health needs to my first and foremost focus.
As a mother I need to not be scared of what can be done to her flesh, but what can most harm her. The thought of not having her for eternity should be way more scary than not having her flesh here.
It is hard for me to wrap my brain around that concept, but it is one that I need to keep fresh in my mind.
What I choose to teach my child and what I expose her to will help shape and mold her. My constant prayer is that my baby girl grows up learning to love her Savior most of all.
No comments:
Post a Comment