Okay...so I was thinking of ways my life would be unique or different from other wives/moms and I thought of one major one...My husband is a still a college student, full time and I am a stay at home mom.
Now before you start wondering how we can do that...I have to brag on my wonderful husband!
We have no debt! And will still have none when he graduates in May. Both of our cars have been paid for in cash! I work parttime as a nanny, but I bring Adley with me so I'm still mommy 24/7! (yay!) We save the entirity of my paychecks each month. Because my husband also works for the school as a Hall Director he gets half off his tution and we have zero housing costs! I love how hard he works at being a good steward. Besides working as a Hall Director he works as a receptionist at one of the dorm lobbys and works as the preaching intern at our church. That little extra allows us to take wonderful trips to see our families.
Thrifty is truly nifty....and Jason is such a good motivator. Our pre-light Christmas tree (donated by my parents, aka no buying on our part!) gave out on us last year so it ended up in the dumpster. Since my husband has been recently motivating me to be a better saver than spender I used his palm tree (remind me to complain, only jokingly, about that later!) as our Christmas tree. Check it out!
This is definitely funny to me! But I'm proud for only spending $1.00 on Christmas decorations (for jingle bells for my front door!).
Anyways...I got off topic. Sorry...
So yes it is almost two o'clock in the morning and I am up blogging. Jason's job and college student life style has us usually sleeping in or taking naps and staying up late. He is usually finished with his Hall Director work around 2am, so unless I work the next morning I stay up with him so while Adley is sleeping we can chat or just have some nice quiet time together.
He is still at work (no complaining here) so yes, I am cooking my spaghetti squash at 2am, yes, I am eating a snack, yes, I did not go to the grocery store until midnight and yes, I love late nights.
Weird right? We love where God has us right now and we can't wait for the next phase of our lives.
And finally a brag on my baby girl. We got her picture taken at the Lighting of the Commons at OC on Thursday night...here is her picture.
We were SO surprised that she was awake AND happy for the picture. (P.s. the outfit was a garage sale find for $2!) Not to mention it looks super adorable!!! This one is going in my Christmas cards. This picture made the front page of the OC newspaper this week for the teaser for the rest of her pictures. Her proud little mommy (yes, that is me) is going to scrapbook this one for sure! Now we just need to tell her that is Dr. B (who is the Registrar) and not Santa (oh and that Santa is make believe, not real).
And last a family picture from the night. Enjoy (and I apologize for over bragging on my family, I just love them both so much!!)

Ashley, what a great post! I love that you brag about your husband; way to go, woman! :)
ReplyDeleteScott and I were talking about how wonderful it is that he doesn't have any college debt either. That is a fantastic way to start both a marriage and a family! WAY TO GO!!! That's excellent on Jason's part and for you to be a frugal homemaker and support not having debt. :)
Errr...Heather. Hi, Heather. I knew your name...sorry. That's my sleep-deprived brain for you. :)
ReplyDeleteHeather just wanted to tell you that I like the pictures.
ReplyDelete