Thursday, March 10, 2011

Traveling

I used to be the traveling queen....

I used to tell people when they went on a road trip with me three things.

1. I don't stop until I need gas, so hold it.

2. I forget that you have an opinion so if you want the air changed you have to say something.

3. I will play awesome music (aka: all mine).

And now...

I travel like this...

1. We must fill every excess space of the vehicle with baby items. While Jason and I can pack ourselves in one tiny suitcase for 5 days, Adley needs 1 box of clothing, 1 box of diapers, a diaper bag, toys, blankets, chairs and strollers...the list goes on.

2. Every time the baby cries we pay attention to her...we soothe her, entertain her, play with her, change the air for her and if none of that works we pull over (even if we don't need gas) and we feed her, change her, and play with her.

3. A trip that would normally only have one stop now has four or five, and the trip can double in length.

4. A trip that normally would have been relaxing is somehow exhausting before we even go (see #1).

5. And our playlist is now Adley's music mixes, full of children's silly songs, Christian music and soothing lullabies. And, yes...since you were wondering, we sing along for her sake.

And...I LOVE it. My sweetheart is totally worth it. It is amazing how much stuff you need to pack and how much extra time and effort our little munchkin takes. We are headed out this weekend for a quick trip to see friends and family and show off our adorable daughter. Pray for us that we have a safe trip...and if you don't have kids...enjoy short trips and get excited for super cute long ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment