Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Fearless...

If you haven't seen the facebook picture yet, you simply must.

Today my daughter tried walking behind her little walk/sit toy. She has been sitting in front of it for weeks and loving it. I thought she might push it once or not at all and be done. Nope. All she wanted to do today is walk behind it. She is fearless.

And yes, we have experienced this before. When Adley is on our bed she believes that the ground is at the same level. Or she believes that she can fly. I'm not sure which, maybe the flying part?

I'm trying to figure out a balance between letting her learn from falling and teaching her to be careful. I want her to fear things like oh...falling off the bed, but still learn how to walk so I'm not carrying her around when she's 20.
And, once she's mastered walking we will move on to something else...say disagreeing with her mother??? Now that my friends, is something she better learn fear, and in fast.

And yes, as you can imagine I can draw a spiritual application for just about any moment in my life. But, honestly I love that I'm learning more about my Savior and our relationship through raising my little girl. So many things remind me of my failures, of His love, of beauty God created, and His desire for my worship and my desire for a closer relationship. Little things she does have given me so much insight on the work I have in my own life. I will spare you my crazy links and applications, this time. But, if you have a kiddo or when you have one, look for things God may be teaching you through them. I have a list...and I don't have to look hard.

Thank you to God for bringing me my daughter and teaching me so much in the past 6 months. I cannot wait for the next 20 years. (But, I can...I mean I will take them as they come. No need to have her asking for my keys yet, let's give this walking thing a try first, for say, the next 15 years and 6 months, at least.)

No comments:

Post a Comment