Sunday, April 3, 2011

There is a Light at the End of the Tunnel

I thought I would update you on my MSPI diet/status with Adley.

Are you excited yet?

You really should be. My life is most interesting. Just kidding. But, seriously. :)

I tried adding back in eggs and they were a no go. They didn't seem to bother her if I ate them in things, but with I ate just eggs for like breakfast she reacted so eggs are back out.

She seems really sensitive to soy, but I was able to add back in butter. Since butter is the fat it is way less likely to have the milk protein.

At this point we are stuck on this diet. I found some wonderful replacements that are making my life so much more fun. I tried chocolate Almond milk and it actually tastes very similar to cow's chocolate milk. I also found a cake recipe that doesn't take eggs or an egg replacer. (It is is the oven now so I'm excited!) I've also started making homemade bread which doesn't have anything bad for miss Adley either.
This diet has been really good for me. I've learned to sacrifice and that sacrifice has paid off for my sweet baby and me. Learning to have self control in my eating and sacrificing for my baby have been lessons I'm thankful for.

My goal right now is to for sure breastfeed Adley until she is atleast one so I will be keeping this diet up until September...maybe longer. For now I'm going to have my MSPI cake and eat it too!

1 comment:

  1. The best things in life usually come the the hardest! I have been blessed and encouraged by your MSPI journey with Adley, and I want you to know that I admire your diligence and devotion to providing for her nutritional needs through nursing. :)

    ReplyDelete