Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Stop Praying

My faithful readers know that I love using EchoPrayer. I get text messages reminding me to pray about a specific request different times during the day. I love it.

I recently started reading 'Crazy Love' by Francis Chan. I'm taking it slow, letting the words and the message sink in. Watch this video...

In the first chapter of this book Francis challenges us to stop praying. Here is a quote...'What if I said, "Stop praying"? What if I told you to stop talking at God for a while, but instead to take a long, hard look at Him before you speak another word? Solomon warned us not to rush into God's presence with words. That's what fools do. And often, that's what we do.'

R.C. Sproul- Men are never duly touched and impressed with a conviction of their insignificance, until they have contrasted themselves with the majesty of God.

I too often forget to remember the majesty of God everyday. He is awesome.

Heather

No comments:

Post a Comment