Sunday, November 7, 2010

Do People Actually Care?

Okay people,

I won't lie to you. I love stalking people on networking social media sites (only friends and friends of friends of course ;)). I love hearing about what is going on in their lives and I in turn love writing about my own life.
Each time I write a new status update or post another picture of myself I can't help but wonder if people think I am self centered. I find it very interesting how much I feel the need to share with others. I know I can't be the only one though, since I equally love reading about other people's lives as well.
I've been wanting to do a blog for a while, but I have been questioning my motives before I began. I don't want to be self-centered.
As a little girl I kept a diary. I wasn't very faithful with it, but I adore writing and reading. I love being able to look back at what I was experiencing at different moments in my life.

So on to the purpose of this blog...

I am hoping to use this blog as a way to look back at moments of my sweet daughter as she grows up and our family memories. I want to use my blog to hopefully inspire others spiritually, but to mostly inspire myself to keep up on my daily devotional time with God.

...I figure if I think I have someone reading/keep up to date than I have yet another person to be accountable to...

I guess in a way this is my grown up, 21st Century diary.

So...

To start things off (for those who care). I have a beautiful baby girl (Adley Anne). Adley means God is righteous or God is just. She is 5 weeks old and time is flying by so quickly! She is already growing bigger and bigger and interacting more and more everyday.

I also have a wonderful husband! We were married exactly one year on October 16th, 2010. It has been quite the ride and very enjoyable considering we had our first child before our first wedding anniversary. God knows how to plan our lives way better than we do.

He is excited in this pic because he wrote himself the biggest check he has ever written. The best part is that is all went to savings. He is very financially savy, which allows me to learn to be a better steward of what God has given me!

And lastly, my current devo book is...

I am really enjoying this book. My sweet cousin and I are taking time to meet once a week to pray and encourage each other as we read this book and apply it to our lives. Right now we are studying Lies that Women believe about their Children. This book has two thumbs up, but only if you are ready and willing to change!

And remember to praise God because we are fearfully and wonderfully made. <3

1 comment:

  1. I think this is great! I will get a chance to get to know more about you and watch Adley grow...what a blessing! We have considered Jason apart of our family for many years and now we are blessed to consider you and Adley a part of the family =) We thank God that Jason found such a Godly young lady! Keeping you in our thoughts and prayers...that God blesses your marriage and your precious family! I will enjoy your blog... so happy blogging =)

    ReplyDelete