Monday, January 31, 2011

How to Make Soap and Scrapbooking

Okay...a lot of people have been asking me how to make soap. Here is the recipe...

1 cup borax
1 cup super washing soda (from arm and hammer)
1 bar of soap grated (your choice...I use fels naptha, I have a friend who uses dove)
Mix ingredients and place in a container for use. Note: if you put your soap in a tupperware type container the smell will stay (even if you meticulously clean it!) so find one you don't mind losing for food storage.

To use you only need one tablespoon, yes, that's it, one tablespoon per load.
I have add oxiclean to my soap...you can change it up however you like.
For those of you who much have liquid soap...here is the same recipe for liquid form.

http://www.thesimpledollar.com/2008/04/09/making-your-own-laundry-detergent-a-detailed-visual-guide/

And this lady breaks down the cost for ya...and let me tell you it is pretty cheap!

I love it.
And I was able to spend some time scrapbooking...here are some pictures of the pages.
(spoiler alert...I have included a few pics of Adley at the end!)
Sorry that these aren't in order...but they are super cute. I'm certainly not a professional at scrapbooking. And these pictures were taken on my computer so they are backwards.
The one above says 'Cutie Pie'
 With the impending weather this one is exciting. A place for a picture of Adley in her first real snow!
 'Funny Faces' We love trying to capture Adley's many funny faces.
 I'm hoping to do a whole section on Adley and her grandparents. This is her first page with her Nana.
 These are from flowers Adley received from both sets of grandparents while she was in the hospital.
Some more memories. Her bassinet name tag, foot band and mommy's arm band.
 This will have pictures from day one...I'm still working on getting pictures put in these.
 The front of Adley's scrapbook.
Okay, story behind this...We tried giving Adley some peppermint because we were told it is supposed to help with her stomach pain. Her face is hilarious, oh and by the way...she didn't like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment