Sunday, January 30, 2011

New Charge

First off...reading blogs may just be my new addiction.
I particularly like to find inspiring blogs of mothers who have had to face horrible situations.
Please, I don't mean this in a horrific way. I love seeing the beauty through the pain.

I've read stories of beautiful Christian women who have had miscarriages. I've cried at the lives of people whose baby was born prematurely and died in their arms. I've gone and checked on my sleeping baby after reading a blog about a mother whose baby died of SIDS.

Their stories are touching. I loving seeing God working in these lives and I love the prayer time that ensues. My husband, I'm sure, thinks I'm crazy! Every time he sees me reading blogs, I'm crying. (Maybe that's why the poor guy hasn't read mine yet.)

God is truly incredible. I have so little faith in Him and He deserves my everything. What part of me thinks He doesn't? What part of me thinks that it is totally okay to sin? What part of me is shallow? Indignant? Rude?

My sweet Savior is truly amazing. Reading these stories reminds me of my purpose. Let me tell you readers (all 11 of you) that purpose is divine. My devotion, however inconsistent I am at doing it, brings me to a constant thought. My thoughts should be heaven ward. That may be a simpleton's thought, I know, but I constantly forget.

In every tragedy, in every pain, in everything beautiful, Heaven is there.

I am a wimp. I hate seeing my daughter in pain. It kills me. Sometimes when she is screaming in pain from her stomach issues, I just breakdown and start bawling. It is a pretty sight let me tell you. Thankfully each time my sweet, loving, wonderful husband has been there and he picks her up, loves on her and cuddles me. That pain and his comforting are both reminders of my goal...heaven. There will be NO pain in heaven. There will be comfort in heaven. There will be no tears in heaven. I LOVE it.

I want to teach Adley that the pain here on earth is a reminder to us that heaven is PERFECT. That there is no pain in heaven. I want to teach Adley that the beautiful things we see are reminders that heaven is even more beautiful, because our sweet Savior is there. His face will be the most beautiful sight we have ever beheld. Such a huge lesson to teach her. I want to see her in heaven. Crazy, overprotective mom that I am...I want to keep an eye on her for, forever. ;)

So...the title. I want to keep a new and refreshing attitude on this blog. My charge to you, is that I put a new effort in my blog. Not really for your sake (although I appreciate your following), but to keep myself remembering exactly why I started (is it sad that I've just started and I need a come to Jesus meeting with myself???). I want to keep myself accountable to reading scripture and learning from the Word.

Oh, and that I work on my grammar...my poor mother reading this probably flips with every grammatical error. It is a testament to the effort that she put forth into my schooling and the effort I did not.

Keep your focus where it belongs...He deserves it!

No comments:

Post a Comment