I even made a little page that later I can scrapbook as a memory.
It is backwards because I took it with my computer camera. The only thing I forgot to write in were her bedtime prayers. (Yes, I tend to be a very organized person who enjoys making lists.)
It felt like a huge accomplishment to have a set routine for her bedtime and start training her. Of course as I blog about this tonight was the one night that she actually didn't go to bed on time. We are getting there though!
A fellow friend and blogger has been reading through My Utmost for His Highest by Oswald Chambers and his quotes are very poignant. In my devotional 30 Days Walk Through the Psalms I had an Oswald Chambers quote that I wanted to share myself.
'Fretting springs from a determination to get our own way. Our Lord never worried and He was never anxious, because He was not "out" to realize His own ideas; He was "out" to realize God's ideas. Fretting is wicked if you are a child of God.'-Oswald Chambers
His quote and my devotional book were covering Psalm 37 and it challenged me to think of things that I fret about myself. I want to challenge you to think of something that you worry or fret about and in prayer give it to God. Your worry as Oswald Chambers so keenly mentions is in regard to your own ideas and not God's. A current favorite quote of my mother's is...
"This is God's universe, and God does things his way. You may have a better way, but you don't have a universe."
I am thoroughly enjoying this in depth look at some of the Psalms. Thanks for letting me share my thoughts with you.
I found this lady through facebook and blogging who is very gifted at scrapbooking...and I wanted to share the recipe books she created.
http://www.kevinandamanda.com/scrapbook/recipes/cherriesinacloud.html
(This one was my favorite. It sounded so delicious I attempted to make it. Yummy!)
Cherries in a cloud it the name! Here are a few of my modifications I will use the next time I make it. It was a bit too sweet for me!
Substitute 2 cans of cherry pie filling for one bag of fresh (pitted) or frozen (unsweetened) cherries. If the cherries are frozen, thaw them before creating the dish.
I also used only one 8 oz tub of cool whip. And instead of cubing the angel food cake I served the 'cloud' over angel food cake so that the cake would not get soggy.
My husband still helped himself to two servings when I followed the recipe so I say it is a go!
Do not fret!


No comments:
Post a Comment