While we enjoyed the blessing of visiting all of our family over the holiday season we learned very quickly that it is tiring with a little one in tow!
So here is where I am today.
I found out that I won 11 cd's from the local Christian radio station! (Fun!)
I have enjoyed listening to them. It was also the first time I had won anything (not that I need to 'win' anything.)
I was able to see 'The Voyage of the Dawn Treader'
And while it has been a while since I have read the book I really enjoyed the beautiful image of Usteus as a dragon. When Aslan removes Usteus' 'sin' I was very moved at the vision of Christ doing that to us. Totally worth watching (even if you are cheap and prefer redbox, like Jason and I usually do!). I noticed a young lady that reads my blog posted a few lessons to learn from the movie, I'm excited to read over those and reread the book.
And I started a wonderful devotional book for the month of January. It is a 30 day walk through the psalms and I thought it would be a great way to start off the new year.
It is going to take me about 60 days though because there is so much information in each daily devotional that I want to let it all soak in. Here are some of my favorite quotes so far...

John Macarthur-Trees do not plant themselves; neither do sinful people transport themselves into God's kingdom. Salvation is His marvelous work of grace. Yet, there is genuine responsibility in appropriating the abundant resources of God, which lead to eventual productivity. (regarding Psalm 1)
Psalm 37:1, 7 Do not fret because of those who are evil
or be envious of those who do wrong; Be still before the LORD
and wait patiently for him;
do not fret when people succeed in their ways,
when they carry out their wicked schemes.
or be envious of those who do wrong; Be still before the LORD
and wait patiently for him;
do not fret when people succeed in their ways,
when they carry out their wicked schemes.
(I tend to 'fret' a lot.)
And lastly for 2011 I try to find areas in my life (just one or two, even though I have multiple) where I tend to make idols of things. This year I am giving up all carbonated beverages and all candy. I often turn to these for comfort or choose them over my Savior so instead of making them my idols I will eliminate them in hopes of encouraging myself to focus more on God.
Oh and I'm planning to run a marathon in April! I have the appropriate running gear and I am excited to get started. I really enjoyed running before I became pregnant with Adley, but severe morning sickness and weight loss kept me in bed for the first trimester. So now I'm stepping it back up and hope to run 26.2 miles!
Remember that we were created to worship Him!
-Heather
No comments:
Post a Comment